At ThyFit we try to bring you the best workout splits possible. Programs that we have tried and tested to gain muscle. Hence today, we have the best Upper Lower routine that we put together for maximum gains and a great physique. But first why the upper lower split?
The Upper Lower routine is very flexible.
It doesn't matter if you go to the gym twice a week or even 6 times. The Upper lower routine fits anyone's schedule. However, I like it best as a 4 day split and I try it when I want to gain some serious muscle at busy times. This is the best routine for college and university students as you just have to choose 4 days (2 being your weekends & 2 not so busy week days). It legit fits my schedule like a gem and will fit yours too.
Moreover the split also allows you to recover well and hit every muscle group twice a week even if you're going to the gym just 4 days a week. This is optimum and not possible if you're using a bro split. It not only allows you to have an increase in strength but if used rightly and consistently it'll put on some serious muscle mass.
Upper Body (Strength) Day 1:
- Bench Press 5 sets of 3-5 reps
- Incline dumbbell press 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Shoulder press 5 sets of 3-5 reps
- T-Bar Rows 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Pull ups 5 sets of 6-12 reps
- Barbell Bicep Curls 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Triceps extensions 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Upper Body (Hypertrophy) Day 4:
- Dumbbell Press 5 Sets of 3-5 reps
- Incline dumbbell press 3 Sets of 8-12 reps
- Cable Crossovers 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Shoulder raises 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Face pulls 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lat Pull downs 4 Sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Cable rows 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Bicep Curls 5 Sets of 8-12 reps
- Skull Crushers 4 Sets of 8-12 reps
Lower Body (Strength) Day 2:
- Dead lifts 5 Sets of 3-5 reps
- Front Squat 5 Sets of 3-5 reps
- Lunges 4 Sets of 4-6 reps
- Leg Press 4 Sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Calf raises 4 Sets of 8-12 reps
Lower Body (Hypertrophy) Day 5:
- Back Squats 5 Sets of 3-5 reps
- Bulgarian Split Squats 4 Sets of 8-12 reps
- Hamstring Curls 4 Sets of 8-12 reps
- Hamstring Extensions 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing Calf raises 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises 3 Sets of 8-12 reps
Some more important notes;
Important notes would include; rest for 3-5 minutes for exercises with 3-5 reps to lift as heavy as you can. Moreover, rest 1-2 minutes for exercises with 8-12 reps. Follow this routine with consistency for 8-12 weeks for it to show you proper results. Plus, watch the video on how to perform face pulls properly. Although, it is quite an exhausting routine but, its made in such a way to let you muscles recover well and not be over trained. However, if you have some more time in your schedule and can work out for 6 days, then try this routine. Stay safe and stay aesthetic.